Our mission is to break language barriers around the world.
With thousand of translators and interpreters globally, we’re providing comprehensive language and technology solutions to companies embracing the global economy. Supported by four-layers of quality assurance and partnerships with Skype, American Airlines, Desk.com and Rosetta Stone®, we’re helping businesses of all sizes access a global network of professional human language translators.
We are disrupting the translation landscape by providing superior quality translation at a fraction of the cost of traditional physical call center solutions. In doing so, we create meaningful job opportunities for multilingual individuals across the globe. We are a growing team of coders, writers, leaders and dreamers. We live in New York City and Boulder, Colorado and reach people all over the world. We wake up every day to find new ways to break down language barriers. If VerbalizeIt sounds right for you let us know!
We are looking for Professional Desktop Publishers to join our Community, where you will be responsible for restructuring completed translation projects to mirror the original source file for a highly competitive rate.
Desktop Publishers will be responsible for creating multilingual projects to ensure that final translations are consistent and accurate reproductions of the original document both linguistically and visually. Desktop Publishers will ensure the following are in place for each DTP file completed.
- Reproduction of an already completed translation mirroring the source file.
- Protect the confidentiality of the material as required
- Multilingual with ability to read in both English and a second language
- Previous professional Desktop Publishing experience
- Previous experience producing documents such as manuals, reference guides, brochures, promotional material, etc.
- A scrupulous approach to detailed work
- Must have experience with and access to Desktop Publishing tools and applications to complete DTP projects ( For example: Microsoft Office, Adobe FrameMaker, InDesign, PageMaker, Illustrator, Photoshop or QuarkXPress)
- A strong technical background
- Motivation to work on your own, and to meet deadlines
- Ability to stay focused throughout an entire document, which may be long and technical
- Good judgment, to gauge which changes are necessary
- Ability to work within the style of the author and publisher, rather than impose your own ideas
Location: New York City, NY
Applicants should email email@example.com