Our mission is to break language barriers around the world.
With thousand of translators and interpreters globally, we’re providing comprehensive language and technology solutions to companies embracing the global economy. Supported by four-layers of quality assurance and partnerships with Skype, American Airlines, Desk.com and Rosetta Stone®, we’re helping businesses of all sizes access a global network of professional human language translators.
We are disrupting the translation landscape by providing superior quality translation at a fraction of the cost of traditional physical call center solutions. In doing so, we create meaningful job opportunities for multilingual individuals across the globe. We are a growing team of coders, writers, leaders and dreamers. We live in New York City and Boulder, Colorado and reach people all over the world. We wake up every day to find new ways to break down language barriers. If VerbalizeIt sounds right for you let us know!
Today, the VerbalizeIt live phone translation and asynchronous translation services are accessed by businesses and individuals through Skype, phone and web to navigate language barriers. Our vision is to transform VerbalizeIt into a platform that seamlessly integrates into and powers every translation application in the world.
The Senior Developer will be responsible for executing development efforts that drive this transformation. Over the next six months, you will be responsible for:
- Building public APIs for live and synchronous interpretation (speech to speech), as well as non-live translation (text to text) and transcription (speech to text)
- Creatively and efficiently converting Management’s business goals into technical specifications.
- Executing on technical specifications by integrating existing or building new platforms.
- Maintaining and improving upon all components of the VerbalizeIt platform, including, but not limited to:
- Company website
- Call center platform
- Social media advertisement campaigns
- Mobile applications
We want to talk to you if you have:
- 2-5 years of development and testing experience with Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of HTTP, Web application architecture, REST, SOAP and XML
- Telephony experience in Tropo/Twilio or similar platforms highly desirable
- Hands-on Unix or Linux administration experience
- Prior integration experience with PayPal or similar web service APIs
- Experience with social media platforms and mobile applications a plus
- Prior experience with Amazon EC2 or similar cloud computing platform a plus
- Must be a self-starter comfortable working in flexible environments and picking up new skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Desire to be a part of a growing, fun and innovative organization
Interested individuals should submit a statement of interest, a resume, and a single paragraph describing your vision and or best idea for VerbalizeIt. Please submit via email to: Kunal Sarda at firstname.lastname@example.org.