English to French Translation Professional Carnot Doundze
Member since May 11, 2013
- 2008 – 2010, University of Buea, Advanced School of Translators and Interpreters (ASTI), Master degree (II) (MAII) in Translation.
- 2006 - 2008, University of Buea, Advanced School of Translators and Interpreters (ASTI), Master degree (I) (MAI) in Translation.
* Major: Translation
* Minor: Sight translation and Interpretation
- 2003 - 2006, University of Buea, Department of French, Bachelor degree (BA) in Combined Honours in English and French.
* Major: Literature, Grammar and Linguistics
* Minor: Translation, Teaching and Training
- 20/07 – 07/09/ 2003, University of Buea, Intensive English language course, Proficiency in English language.
IT, Electronics, Communications, Marketing, Finance, Banking, Economics, Literature, Education, Law, Sports, Medical, Sociology, Games, Manuals, Books and general texts of all types.
- Junior graphic editor: Work with image editing software to apply translations and fix layout issues.
- Junior layout editor: Work with layout software to fix any issues in the translated documents.
- Terminology research, Sight translation, Proofreading, Editing, Glossaries.
- Trainer in English and French
- Mastery of Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher), Internet and basic hardware maintenance.
- Mastery of Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) programs (Trados, Wordfast, Workbench and SDLX).
- Experience in working on different file formats - MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, FrameMaker (RTF), XML…
- Software literate (Installation and maintenance).
ASTI (Master of Arts in Translation)