English to Italian Translation Professional Roberta Assandri Siegwart
Member since April 03, 2013
My name is Roberta, I am a native Italian speaker and a professional translator working with English and Italian.
I have a very strong scientific background.
I completed my university studies and obtained a Bachelor degree in Biology at the University of Milan, Italy. I received my PhD in Natural Sciences, specializing in Neurophysiology at the University of Zurich, Switzerland. I worked as a research associate at the Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology at the University of Zurich, where I investigated the action of general anaesthetics on neuronal activity. I have acquired skills in designing projects, analysing data and writing reports and scientific documents. I contributed to various scientific publications.
In July 2012, I obtained a certificate in translation after attending a course at Words Language Services, WLS.
In September 2012 I started to work as a freelance translator, proof-reader and interpreter.
My translation projects include:
• Translation of articles covering different subjects for a famous website (more than 300 articles translated so far)
• Brochures and magazine issues for AkzoNobel, a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals
• Policies for Barclays Bank
• Brochure of a video hosting platform
• Italian site revision of the online dictionary WordReference
• Website content of a partnership marketing company
• Description of animals for a zoological exhibition
• Non-Disclosure Agreement
• Item descriptions for e-commerce companies
• Data sheet and descriptions of ophthalmic devices
• Questionnaire and Model Answers for PIL Readability User Test (RUT)