English to Spanish Translation Professional Silvia Griselda Buongiorne
Member since April 02, 2013
With over 20+ experiences as an in-house interpreter/translator/transcriptionist and educator in various organizations, in the US, Spain, Argentina, and the UK, I am able to tackle a variety of language related projects. Some of my skills include voice-overs, audio transcription and proofing as well as formal and casual translation and interpreting between English and Spanish-speaking communities.
I am a native bi lingual who holds citizenship in Spain, Argentina, and the USA. I was born in Buenos Aires, from Anglo/Argentine parents, and am fluent in Spanish and English since early childhood. I have done many hours of live interpretation in either language, mainly in the realm of independent business and ecclesiastical organizations. Thus, I have been in contact with people from varied cultural backgrounds, where being bilingual in both languages has proven to be invaluable.
SKILLS AND SPECIALTIES
• Simultaneous and/or consecutive interpreting in both Spanish and English with emphasis in religious/theological themes.
• Castilian & Argentinian spoken Spanish
• British & American spoken English
• Literary/Academic/Educational/Pedagogy/Christian material translation and proofreading
• Booklets and Audio books
• Newspaper and magazine ads
• Machine Operating and Product Manuals (General Tech.)
• Audio dubbing for children’s songs, books, etc.
• Book narration in English or Spanish
• User guides & EBooks: Novels, Self-help, Fiction, Non-Fiction, etc.
• Tourism Article/Brochure translation and/or proofing/editing
FINE ARTS DEGREE FROM CLC BC CANADA ESCUELA OFICIAL DE IDIOMAS MADRID, SPAIN CAMBRIDGE OVERSEAS BRANCH