We’re thrilled to announce the beginnings of VerbalizeIt University, an opportunity to give back to the brightest and most engaged members of our community!
What is VerbalizeIt University?
VerbalizeIt University is a year-round curriculum, designed for training and furthering the careers of VerbalizeIt translators and interpreters in the wider industry. The following key initiatives will be rolled out for the community’s participation over the course of the next three months:
- Series of introductory classes and practice exercises, run by veteran translators and interpreters, to build baseline expertise for less-experienced members of the community
- Access to articles written by Veterans on a variety of topics related to the Translation and Interpretation Industry
- Invitation to national interpreter and translator conferences and networking events
Gold Star Course
- One-on-one sessions with industry experts on resume-building, business development and client communication to ensure that you stand out from the crowd on every customer/employer interaction
- Entry into national certification exams for select translators and interpreters in the community
- A range of skill development classes
- Practice Labs with experience interpreters to practice your skills.
- ”Industry Track” training for building a career in the medical, legal, business/ finance or manufacturing industries
What’s in it for me?
A wise community member once told us that the translator/ interpreter career is one of lifelong learning. Whether you are a newcomer to the industry, or a veteran with several years of experience, we promise to provide you with resources tailored to your experiences.
How much will VerbalizeIt University cost?
$0. While courses similar to this can cost up to thousands of dollars, we’re offering this free of cost on the VerbalizeIt Platform! That’s right, cost is nothing. It’s on us!
What’s in it for VerbalizeIt?
First and foremost, because we are extremely thankful for you investing your precious time with us during an extremely important and formative time for the company. Your engagement will help the company grow, and we’d like to return the favor and help you grow professionally, both within and outside VerbalizeIt. Second, we want to invest in building not just the largest, but also the most talented and professional community of translators and interpreters known to man.
How do I join?
Several resources from VerbalizeIt University will be available to all members. However, the program is also geared towards investing in the most engaged translators and interpreters in our community. What this means is, while most of the resources will be available for everyone, our Gold Star courses and resources will be exclusive to our most engaged community members. For every 10 hours of availability you are able to provide, a new 1 hour session of the training will become available to you! You’ll have access to exclusive materials provided by a professional Certification Instructor, helping you hone and practice your professional skills .
How do we get started?
While we are working with professional instructors on our end, we do want to make sure the courses are received as an exciting opportunity for our community. There are a few simple steps you can take to help us get this up and running quicker.